Polymer Clay Button Tutorial
Last week’s Feature Friday inspired me to bust out my package of polymer clay that I bought a couple years ago that I never used. We all know I love buttons, so I thought I would make some cute buttons out of the polymer clay to use as embellishments, for the centers of some Snappee’s, to make more button magnets or simply just because I love buttons!
1. Tape down your wax paper and get out your polymer clay! I am using a Sculpey variety pack I picked up at WalMart.
2. Gather some items from around the house that can imprint your polymer clay to make different textures. For this tutorial, I used a bobby pin, pen cap, toothpick and a rubber stamp.
3. Break off a small chunk, and knead it until it’s really soft.
4. Then start rolling it in between the palms of your hands or with one hand and a flat surface like the table until all the creases are smoothed out.
25. I used my toothpick to poke the holes in the button. Make sure to turn the button over to make sure the holes poked through the back and that the clay is flat.
- No Related Posts